Thursday, October 21, 2010

Game between TAs and Students

Marking Class Work.......
Sometimes, it is really troublesome. I always hope that student can answer correctly, write clearly so that I can mark it easily and quickly. The most terrible one are usually those with lots of correction, lengthly explanation but a wrong ans. (sometime I am more lenient to those answer correctly). You have to go through all their steps to understand their logic flows (if any), their meaning, understanding and misunderstanding. It is a tough work indeed.

However, I am not going to blame this on my students. When I was a student (and Yes, I am still a student), I am always the one who handed in messy HWs and question papers, writing irrational statements without logic flow in order to cheat  for a few extra marks. Blaming them is in fact blaming myself. And my statue is quite strange-I am TA and also student. (well, not exactly, at least not in the same course.)

Maybe I should learn to write more neatly. I think I am quite sorry for Alan, who have to mark my PHYS520 paper (if he is not going to give me a duck egg and big red cross.)

No comments:

Post a Comment